How to Succeed with Self-Service Analytics: Balancing Empowerment and Governance
Self-service analytics requires an intricate dance that blends user empowerment and corporate governance. Balancing these dueling forces requires a business-driven, federated organization, a refined user classification model, agile governance processes, and enlightened leadership.
On one hand, organizations need to push down as much development and support as possible to empower business users to meet their data and analytics needs. On the other, they need to create top-down governance and prioritization processes to ensure business and data alignment. Establishing a federated organization that balances empowerment and governance is not easy, but the upshot is powerful: Organizations can turbo-charge their productivity while better aligning with corporate and business unit strategies and goals. This eBook discusses:
- The pitfalls and paradoxes of self-service analytics
- A framework for classifying business users
- The governance process to manage standard reports
- How to coordinate corporate and distributed resources to support business users and ensure that data needs are met
- AI-enabled tools and technologies that play a critical role in making self-service a reality